After almost two years of conceptualization and a year and a half of planning and execution, Ribcage, the new EP, is finally here. Recorded at Echo Mountain Recording and produced by Nomatic Studio, the album features the talents of Jacob Rodriguez and Justin Ray (of Michael Buble), Asheville artist Brie Capone, and others. “You Help Me Fall Asleep,” the first single off the album, was released in December 2017 with a video produced by All Around Artsy.
Ribcage is the next chapter of the story began in my 2016 album, Cry About It. A dark pop-rock exploration of depression, the story now evolves from internal reflection to outward expression. Artwork for Ribcage was created by Lily Douglas, Emily Murman, and Isabella Rose Taylor. Photography by Rodney Smith.
You Help Me Fall Asleep: Official Video
Musicians, Cast, and Crew
- Recorded at Echo Mountain Recording
- Nomatic Studios/Michael Hynes: recording producer/engineer
- Album Artwork: Lily Douglas (cover); Emily Murman (chest explosion); Isabella Rose Taylor (piano drawing)
Video Production and Cast for You Help Me Fall Asleep
- Kira Bursky/All Around Artsy: Director, cinematographer, editor
- Rober Gowan: Assistant Director
- Madeleine Richardson: Art Director
- Vanessa Sogan: Makeup
- Lindsey Whitus: Actress
- Alyx Smith: PA
- Keely Turner: Photographer
- Ian Ridenhour: composer, vocals, piano, fender rhodes, hammond b-3; mini-moog on waiting for the sun, vibraphone on bones of me; guitar on stay awake and exoskeleton
- Jamie Ridenhour: guitars (except exoskeleton)
- Michael Hynes: bass
- James Kylen: drums, percussion
- Brie Capone: vocals on waiting for the sun
- Justin Ray: trumpet; Jacob Secor: tenor sax; Jacob Rodriguez: bari sax are on waiting for the sun and exoskeleton
- all songs written by Ian Ridenhour, © 2017 Ian Ridenhour (BMI), except waiting for the sun written by Ian Ridenhour and Jennifer Ward, © 2017 Ian Ridenhour (BMI) and Jennifer Ward, bones of me written by Ian Ridenhour and Jocelyn Renee Carter, © 2017 Ian Ridenhour (BMI) and Jocelyn Renee Carter, and exoskeleton written by Ian Ridenhour and Ethan Lewis, © 2017 Ian Ridenhour (BMI) and Ethan Lewis (BMI).
Behind the Scenes
You Help Me Fall Asleep was filmed in my home, at Lake Tomahawk in Black Mountain, and at an Asheville hotel pool late at night. As always, working with All Around Artsy and the crew is an absolute joy. All photos by Keeley Ann Turner. Pool shot is a video screenshot.